Position: Analytics & Engagement Technology Lead
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5.30pm plus or minus 30 minutes
Salary: Subject to Experience
This role is based in the Appius Experience and Engagement Marketing Team. It is the lead role in the company for analytics and results reporting technology solutions – from both consultative and implementation perspectives. This focus involves making sure clients get the best out of their ‘Experience Platform’ features and analytics, including split testing, personalisation and ‘experience analytics’. The role will contribute to the growth of our analytics, reporting and digital marketing offering by supporting sales opportunities. The role will also overlap with other Appius competencies to progress the offering and value add for our clients, including the Technology Team for specification of analytic and SEO solutions.
Analytics Consultancy, Implementation and Troubleshooting – typically 3 days per week
- Configure analytics and goal / conversion / ecommerce / KPI / business metric tracking
- Consult on, and apply, advanced paid tracking solutions using Google based and other solutions – including social media platform based tracking solutions.
- Fully leverage in-built analytics functionality in Appius Experience Platforms (.NET based see www.appius.com/services).
- Troubleshooting analytics challenges for clients including overlap with client’s digital teams, supplier agencies and associated technology partners.
- Develop and productise Appius analytics and reporting offerings, including the establishing of analytics ‘governance’ and standards in a consistent way were possible.
- Implementation and troubleshooting overlap with chosen partners for digital marketing 3rd party solutions e.g. consent management (currently OneTrust), call tracking (currently Infinity), tracking of recorded website visits (currently Hotjar).
Technical and Analysis Based Search Engine Optimisation – typically 1 day per week
- Client and prospect technical SEO audit and recommendations reports.
- Learn, develop and document company technical SEO understanding – drawing on industry best practice and information sources.
- Recommend and deliver technical, analysis and analytics based SEO tasks.
- Specification and overlap for Appius Technology Team delivery of SEO requirements and improvements e.g. achievement of higher Google Core Web Vitals scores.
- Keeping in touch with digital marketing, digital marketing tech and experience platform developments and associated communities and learning sources.
- Leading experience team representation in related partner learning overlaps and key sources of offerings insight e.g. SEO Brighton.
Sales Support for Growth of Digital Marketing, Engagement Marketing and Analytics - typically 1 day per week (non-billable)
- Reactive and proactive sales support and consultancy to grow the Appius analytics offering including areas of overlap with the Appius Experience Platform stack.
- Ad hoc support for results reviews, conversion analysis and identification of key opportunities and challenges for Appius clients and prospects – for conversion or other known KPIs.
- Productising company analytics and reporting offering – including level based options for Google approaches but also non Google analytics, reporting and CDP (Customer Data Platform) solutions.
- Learning Appius Experience Platforms from an Engagement Marketing perspective, and developing Appius offerings and services around the fuller use of them across the client and prospect base.
- Creation of occasional Appius blog posts and marketing materials from a specialist perspective.
- Understanding sales materials and selling points for Appius Experience Platforms and chosen partners for digital marketing 3rd party solutions e.g. consent management (currently Onetrust), call tracking (currently Infinity), tracking of recorded website visits (currently Hotjar).
At present we expect team to be in the Bournemouth office at least 3 days a week with the potential option of two days working from home but new team will probably benefit from five days per week in the office at the start until you have learnt the role better.
Training and Development
We invest in digital marketing, technology partner onsite or online training with budgets typically in the order of £2500. We also using learning solutions such as Pluralsight for online training and skill progression.